I am waiting for my baby to come so consequently I am learning about patience. So rather than have a baby delivered we will deliver the Seven Day Sights, Sounds, Speculations and Stargazing from our wonderfully challenging world.
Things I Have Learned: Mostly the Hard Way
1. You should not confuse your career with your life.
2. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well; just get up and give ‘er!
3. People generally can’t see the pimple you feel is the size of Everest.
4. When you are afraid of what people may think of you chances are they are more fearful of what you think of them. What a conundrum.
5. Never lick a steak knife.
6. The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.
7. You will never find anyone on God’s green earth that can give you a true reason for why we utilize daylight savings.
8. A person that is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
9. Your friends don’t care how cool you think you are. They will laugh with you and at you regardless. Then they will still love you anyways.
10. Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.
11. Never put chafing cream and tiger balm next to each other in the medicine cabinet.
12. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings.”
13. You should never, ever, say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she is pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that very moment.
The lessons that life can bring you when you are paying attention are often greater than the courses you take and the t.v. shows you watch. We will see you next week, hopefully with a healthy new addition to the swimupstream family, for some more Sights, Sounds, Speculations and Stargazing from our wonderfully challenging world.