- complaining about what is on television?
- debating what shirt looks better on?
- self-reflecting and believing that your life isn't as good as you want it to be?
well...after googling the words "world poverty" and finding some interesting facts and statititics, maybe this will provide you with some insight on what other people have (or should I say - don't have)
AND be a humbling moment for you.
- about 11 million children under the age of 5 die from malnutrition and mostly preventable dieseases, each year.
- more than 90 million children do not have the opportunity to attend school.
- nearly 1 billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.
- approximately, 1.1 billion people in developing countries have inadequate access to water, and 2.6 billion lack basic sanitation.
- half the world — nearly 3 billion people — live on less than two dollars a day.
SO the next time you don't think you have enough...think again! And then learn to appreciate even the smallest things that you do have and your ability to help out those that have very little.