What is a good measure of success?
Is it the unlimited wealth that you have, the expensive vehicle that you drive, or the second resort that you own on a lake...the answer is NO.
Success is a state of mind AND it starts with you.
1. Start believing in yourself and what you can do! Starting = beginning. This belief comes from within and turns your dreams and vision into reality!
2. Understand another's point of view. You don't know it all, so don't appear to. Put yourself in their shoes and listen. Have empathy.What is the person trying to tell you and why would they be sharing this information? Block out your own feelings and the voice that has a response to their statements and truly BE with whom you are talking. And then don't interrupt! When you put yourself aside to put the other person first, that is true sacrifice and success.
3. Confidence isn't a feeling, it is an action. You need to have it, even when you just don't feel like you can! This is what allows you to make the decisions that are good for YOU and not give in to situations that are going inhibit your own growth.
4. Collaborate , share your successes, be vulnerable and share your mistakes. Be real! Surround yourself with people you admire. Look for like minded people, people who have what you want, who believe as you believe. Find out how they got to where they are and then do the same. Be people smart.
5. Exercise your brain and body. Read, read, read! Readers are leaders. It is true. The more you know, the more confident you feel and the more comfortable you feel collaborating with those who have what you want. At the same time, keep your body in shape. Your attitude in anything is your attitude in everything...so your approach to success should be in all aspects of life and not just one.
6. Encourage others! Your friends, family, business associates & teammates all deserve to hear praise. Dig deep to find something they are good at or have done well, then say it, write it, sing a song to it, whatever, just acknowledge it to that other person.
7. Determine to be better than who you are and you'll be surprised at who you'll become! Determine not to quit, creatively begin again and again, and again! Ask yourself on how hard are you going to work and how bad do you really want it? Because really, it isn't that hard, just...
follow those 7 steps and then SUCCEED!