In life, strive to have equal amounts of both enthusiasm and discipline.
While enthusiasm is the quality that arouses us to act, discipline will allow us to direct our actions in a positive manner.
And therefore our success will come from an equal quality of both.
Let me explain.
1. A person that is disciplined will not permit himself to be influenced by the cynic or the pessimist; nor will one permit another person to do their thinking for them.
2. A person that is disciplined will stimulate their imagination and their enthusiasm until they have produced action, but they will then control that action and not permit it to control them.
3. A person that is disciplined will never, under any circumstances, slander another person or seek revenge for any cause whatsoever.
4. A person that is disciplined will not hate those who do not agree with them; instead, they will endeavor to understand the reason for their disagreement, and profit by it.
5. And on the other hand, a lack of discipline causes more grief than all other forms combined; it is the habit of forming opinions before studying the facts.
So, start practicing the art of discipline by:
1. Making exercise a part of your daily routine.
2. Save money instead of spending it.
3. Control your words and actions - most of all listen more and talk less.
4. And dominate your thoughts with your passion and goals and they will become a reality (start by saying to yourself, YES, it CAN be done).
And on that note, we must remind ourselves that not only do we have the power to think but, what is a thousand times more important, we have the power to control our thoughts and direct them! So, if you are searching for the magic key that will unlock the door to the source of power; don't look anywhere else but in your own hands. We have the ability to direct our thoughts, make use of our passion, and turn our our goals into reality.
Lastly, behind all achievement, behind all discipline, behind all thought control, is something called DESIRE! In fact, you are limited only by the depth of your desires! When your desires are strong enough you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve. And when you reach your goals and are successful remember that someone, somewhere, sometime believed in you, and gave you an idea to start you in the right direction. You are indebted to life until you help someone less fortunate then you, to pay it forward.