Somebody once told me that if I wanted to be somebody then to start being them
..... everyday or I would NEVER reach that person.
1. determine who it is you want to be.
- Not who your parents, spouse, television set tell you who need to be – who you want to be.
- if you don’t know who you want to be, don’t waste other peoples time by pretending to be who they need you to be while you figure it out.
- if you change your mind mid way, no problem – re-invent yourself in a professional manner.
2.. determine what/how you need to do to be who you want to be.
- That’s right. Planning. The reason why 5% of people succeed and 95% of people fail.
- if you sit and wait for others to determine who you want to be or what you need to do.... You will do nothing / get nowhere.
- this is one of those things you have to make happen. Don’t lie, justify, or defer.
3. determine why you want to be who you want to be.
- if it doesn’t make sense to you, it’s not going to make sense to anyone else.
- you have to be anchored by a strong conviction to a tangible cause / reason.
4. communicate all of the above.
- to yourself – each day
- to your family and friends
- to people who ask.
- to those who will listen.
- The more you reiterate what/why & who you are, the more you will become that person.
5. be focused, urgent and relentless with who / what / why & how you want to be.
- too many people stop after the big statement. Well, a statement is talk and the world is filled with BIG TALKERS.
- every day is checks and balances, did I get closer, was I my best, am I making it happen?
WHO DO YOU WANT TO BE?