- I like Tim Thomas. He's a great story, a hard worker, a "passion before technique" type of goalie that you don't have to be a giant, or a technical robot, to be successful in net.
- I don't particularly like Roberto Luongo. He's a decent goalie that's not as bad as some people say, but certainly not as good as others will have you believe. But more importantly, he never seems to accept any personal responsibility for anything - instead, justifying why he couldn't make the safe. Furthermore, although some of his comments are certainly being taken out of context (ie. what he's said about Tim Thomas' miss after the fifth game), you'd think he'd learn to just keep his mouth shut.
- I like the Sedins. Though their production may ebb and flow during the playoffs, the team is still getting the job done, and frankly - the dignified way they handle the endless criticism and juvenile attacks in the media impresses me even more and garners that much more respect.
- I like Burrows. But if he was on another team, I'd probably hate him. Same with Kesler.
- I don't like the "holier than thou", Pollyanna, "poor me" way the Bruins are acting. They're just as chippy, committing just as many hacks, dives and slashes as the Canucks - but for some reason, they're not being called on it by the officials or the media.
- I haven't been impressed with the referrees. However, I've tried referreeing and know that it's a lot easier throwing the stones than living in the glass house.
In the end, I'm not going to lie - I was cheering for the Canucks from the beginning, but having seen the way the (eastern based) CBC has been criticizing them non-stop, often (though not always) unfairly - I really want to see them win so that they can stick right down the throats of some of those same critics.~Guy