- for being consistently there, whether it be good times as we are slamming back a beer or during tough times when things are rough - it was never about being the flavour of the month as there was an underlying understanding that we were in for the long haul.
- for being equally committed. Not one foot in, but two. Not for one month, but for years. Knowing that you would scratch my back when it was itchy and I would do the same when it was time.
- for being able to be honest, upfront, and direct with what your thoughts are. Few people have the ability to look at you in the eyes and say it face to face...let alone on the phone anymore. It's behind a computer at most - if they say something at all.
- for accepting (but more importantly appreciating) our differences and making the most of those. Whether it is age, interests, work environment, life realities (ie. kids & family), or upbringing - we have been able to see through this and value the perspective that those differences bring.
- for believing in me when I was too weak and exhausted to believe in myself. It's those moments that bring you back to reality and pick you up from an area where no one wants to be.
- for pushing me and challenging me to be better than I was yesterday. Not only bringing the best out of me but encouraging me to even be better.
- for not judging me when I did something that was irrational or not appropriate but also thanks for telling me I was an idiot and probably shouldn’t have done those stupid things. That's your honesty.
- for being genuinely concerned with the outcome of my life and always listening, even when you’re tired or focused on your life's challenges.
Thank you for being you. For being more than a number. For being a part of a select few. Thank you for being a friend.
Last but not least...
All I ask is to please pay it forward and thank your close friends (not including me) for what they have provided to you in your life - you'll be amazed on how far it goes!
And thank you in advance for doing that.