Tony Gonzalez is one consummate example of the veteran team leader.
- He assumes the responsibility of role model & mentor for young players coming into the league
- Instead riding his tenure, he works even harder to ensure he remains relevant and necessary to his team
- Year after year, he delivers tangible, high ROI’s for his coach, manager & owner.
- Veteran : A person who is long experienced or practiced in an activity or capacity.
- Team: A group of people with a full set of complementary skills to complete a task, job, or project.
- Leader: A person who rules, guides, or inspires others.
However, don’t be surprised to find a slightly different definition in more than less teams you play for.
- Entitled : To furnish with a right or claim to something.
- Individual : Existing as a distinct entity; separate.
- Minion : An obsequious follower or dependent
- I’ve put in my time here. It’s your turn
- I don’t have to do that anymore, I’ve got tenure seniority
- Consistent reference to me & my clients, my efforts, my wage, my rights, my value [insert something else selfish here].
Aspire to be a veteran team leader and you’ll be considered with reverence rather than repulsion. Pass it on!