When it comes to our diet, it's actually more simple than we make it. In fact, there is enough information telling us what we should eat & what we shouldn't eat (all the way down to food labels) but we get stuck relying on easy & convenient choices because we don't take the necessary time to plan and prep.
Today, we are sharing a simple & easy way to incorporate your 'greens' in for the week with a little but of prep before you start the week!
It's called...SALAD IN A JAR. And this creative solution saves time, saves space in your fridge & also reduces food waste!
The arrangement from BOTTOM to TOP: Dressing, shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds, hard boiled eggs, baby spinach.
- Arrange ingredients in a large mason jar
- Store in fridge for up to a week
- When ready to eat: shake jar, place on a plate, and eat!
- Hint - you can make any arrangement you want… you can add red onion, cucumbers, radishes or peppers. Always remember to put the dressing at the bottom and the lettuce at the top—a must!
- Note - If your making a few salads at a time for the week, you MUST remember to vacuum seal the Mason Jars. They must be vacuum sealed to remain fresh and crisp!
It's that simple. So, instead of being perpetually behind on your meal planning & nutrition...take the time to plan ahead and be effective with what you eat - it will only make you feel that much better!