....and with one click my opinion is validated. Ten & I’m coolio & OMG fifty+... I'm an expert! There are A LOT of experts amongst our networks these days, way more than there used to be when we were productive, sustainable & profitable. We’re privy to their profiles on Linkedin robust with their ultra-ego’s, confirming the demand for their grey matter. If we need more, we can be wowed by their inspiring instagrams or humored by their twerky tweets. It’s a brilliant billion dollar self effacing multi level marketing scheme.
My favorite? Paid workshops one can attend to learn how to better market themselves... when they already have a job. Translation: we’re marketing you paying money to us - to teach you how to better market an inflated version of you for.... Ah, what do I know maybe I’m in the wrong business.
What I can share is FIVE FREE, NO FRILLS solutions to better market ourselves.
- be confident & comfortable with yourself. Your authentic self. If we’re really as cool as some of our projected self’s - there’s no 20BILLION/yr anti depressant play. People appreciate real.
- establish a personal set of guiding principles / values. Doesn’t matter what those are – it matters that they’re yours and you’re consistently working them. People like consistency.
- do what you say you’re going to do when you say your going to do it. In the tsunami of inconsistency, you will remain anchored. People gravitate to grounded.
- commit to owning what you’ve agreed to be responsible for. Bank the blame, exorcise the excuses don't just do it - OWN it. People recognize leadership.
- work smart, work hard, work long & repeat. Make it your mission to become a student of whatever game you chose to play. Every play. Every day. People vaunt winners.